What are Dragees?
- Dragees are edible centres (nuts, spices, dried fruits…) that are coated with chocolate or sugars, creating various layers around them. They are usually consumed at room temperature as a snack or aperitif at any time.
- They can be made by hand or with a panning machine. It is a craft process that requires a lot of technique and takes many days to be finished.
- They are one of the oldest treats originated in Europe. Dragees were created in the Roman era when emperors ate almonds covered with honey. At that time, they were used to celebrating weddings, birthdays, or other important moments. and only rich and noble had the right to eat. That's because she was a symbol of wealth and royalty.
- Years later, the recipe was adapted to sugar and chocolate. With creativity and technique, we can make exotic combinations to create the delight it is today.
What Products do you use?
- It is very important for us that our final product has a perfect taste. We carefully choose our centres to bring the freshest ingredients and try to get organic options whenever it's possible.
- We use German Fairtrade chocolate in all our dragees, and we choose this brand as it is the one with the least ingredients added to it and is soy-free.
- Find out more about Fairtrade Certification here. The link is: https://www.fairtrade.org.uk/what-is-fairtrade/
How can I order?
- You can browse the website and see all the different flavours we created
- Please select what you want to purchase and checkout through your cart on the right. You can pay using all major debit and credit cards or use PayPal.
What about the delivery charges?
Orders over the amount of £45 the delivery will be free of charge; items are sent using Royal Mail tracked 48 services.
Orders less than £45 - there will be a fixed rate of £4.00, items are sent using Royal Mail Tracked 48 services.
The minimum order is £10
If you require your order by a specific date, please contact me for details.
You can choose a free local pick-up at checkout. If you choose this option, we will contact you to arrange a suitable collection time.
We trade at Wimbledon Piazza and Duke of York Square, so collection on the markets are also an option.
How long until I receive my order?
- We aim to ship our orders in 3 working days, but if we have stock availability we will ship immediately unless a later delivery date has been requested.
- If you choose a collection, we will be in contact to arrange a suitable collection date and time.
- Royal Mail operates Monday to Saturday (excluding bank holidays), no deliveries will be made on weekends, please consider this if you require your order by a specific date.
What is the expiry date for my dragees?
- If stored properly, chocolate itself stays fresh for up 8-12 months. However, the dragee expiry date will depend on the centre that was covered in chocolate. We add the shining and varnishing process to our dragees to give them a bit longer shelf-life (No worries, they are not nasty ingredients, we do not use any preservatives.) Please check each flavour expiry date individually. In general, we recommend consuming your dragee within a few weeks to get the best of their flavour.
- Make sure you store the chocolates away from sunlight, in a dark, cool and dry place.
What about allergens?
- Most of our products MAY contain allergens such as nuts, sesame seeds, milk and gluten. All our products are made in the same environment as nuts and thus may contain traces of nuts, sesame seeds, milk & gluten. Allergens are shown in bold in the ingredients list on our packs and in the description of each product on our webpage. Dragees are not suitable to nut or sesame allergy sufferers.
- Some food colour may have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children. We do use food colour in some products, they will be shown as E ingredients (e.g. E133 for Blue) in the ingredients list on our packs and in the description of each product on our website.
- If you have any food intolerance or life-threatening allergies and want to have more detailed information about the ingredients on our chocolates, please contact us via email.